Saturday 21 March 2009

Film: Marley and Me (2008)

Marley  And Me Poster As the owners of a particularly naughty and destructive Labrador, it was an absolute given that we were going to see Marley and Me, the new film starring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston.  This is a wonderful film based on John Grogan's memoirs Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog.

This was a lovely, tender film that received good reviews on IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes (user reviews) but was slated by critics and dog haters alike.  Before I got puppies, I was also a dog hater and I my stomach too would have turned at the sight of someone using the same spoon as a dog. 

I must say that basing a complete live action film on the life of a dog is pretty ambitious.  For starters, it is never going to have a happy ending is it?  I did enjoy this film a lot but I have to be honest; being a faithful retelling of actual events, it does get a bit tedious at times.  I do understand all the criticism then but on the other hand, this film is a must for any dog lover and I do recommend it. 

Awww - how can I give that gorgeous little Labby face anything other than a four out of five???

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Haven't finished downloading this one but I'll absolutely watch it! I mean it's got Jennifer Aniston and gorgeous Owen Wilson in it! I like dogs but I don't love 'em.

    This is the second dog film in the moment, Bolt being the first lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ HalfCrazy: Have you seen Bolt? It was cute. Did you watch Marley & Me yet? Do things take long to download there?

    ReplyDelete

© 2005 - Mandy Southgate | Addicted to Media

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig